FIRST LOOK: Brooks Green Silence Ghost 15
Written By: SportsShoes
Brooks are paving the way to net zero. You in?
The Green Silence Ghost 15 showcases over a decade of innovation resulting in 5% less greenhouse gas emissions per pair. Processes like dope dyeing help reduce water use by 94% and cut greenhouse gas emissions by 92%, and the Green Silence Ghost 15 features the most dope-dyed textiles and the most recycled material by weight than any other shoe in the Brooks line- paving the way for future low-impact products.
|Drop:||12mm (Most suitable for heel strikers)|
|Key features:||Dope Dyed Textiles which reduces water use by 94% and cuts greenhouse gas emissions by 92%, DNA Loft v2 for lightweight, soft cushioning and a plush feel, plus a Segmented Crash Pad for responsiveness and to help improve gait efficiency.|
- An Engineered Air Mesh upper hugs the foot for a secure but breathable fit. Perforations in the construction allow cool air to permeate, preventing an intolerable build-up of heat and keeping your feet cool and comfortable.
- The 3D Fit Print applies strategic stretch and structure to the upper, improving the fit and feel of the Ghost 15.
- Utilising the updated DNA LOFT v2, the midsole of the Ghost 15 has a unique balance of rubber, air and less dense, lighter foam, providing you with a plush feel and a more lightweight experience than their predecessors.
- Alongside this, a Segmented Crash Pad adds further cushioning and comfort by adapting to each footfall for a smooth, responsive ride to give you the confidence to run at your maximum level knowing you have ample cushioning to guide you through the gait cycle with optimal efficiency.
- Full, blown rubber comprises the outsole for optimal grip and traction.
The Green Silence Ghost 15 demonstrates how Brooks is finding innovative ways to reduce their carbon footprint through the use of recycled materials and low impact dyeing processes. This shoe is a certified Carbon Neutral product.
INNOVATING TO REDUCE BROOKS' CARBON FOOTPRINT
- 39.4% of total shoe weight is made from recycled materials (highest % for any Brooks footwear)
- 80% of total upper materials (by weight) are recycled materials (highest % for any Brooks footwear)
- 98% of total upper textiles (by weight) are recycled materials
- 10% recycled content used in the midsole (first time recycled content used in Brooks midsoles)
- 100% recycled vamp mesh, tongue mesh, sockliner top cloth, and all the textile reinforcements in the upper
- 92% recycled content tongue and collar lining 100% recycled content heel counter
- 25% recycled content in the tongue and collar foam (first time these foams have contained recycled content in Brooks footwear)
- Dope dyed vamp mesh, tongue mesh, tongue lining, collar lining, and sockliner top cloth (first time used dope dying in components beyond sockliner top cloth)
- Eyestay reinforcement is not dyed (first time Brooks has a textile that is not dyed)
- Removed the midsole paint line
- Collectively, these efforts have reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 5% compared to the inline Ghost 15*
*Required disclaimer: The Ghost 15 produces 9.51kg greenhouse gas emissions
Brooks is an American company that designs high performance men's and women's running shoes that are all built with the right technologies to give you the right fit and function. Every single engineering choice made by Brooks is informed by runners needs and backed by in depth biochemical research. Balancing art, science and runner insight, the products made for you always feature groundbreaking innovations that advance the ride, style, fit and performance of your gear.
No matter your speed, style or where you start, Brooks believe you always end up in a happier place when you run. That happy place is Brooks North Star, guiding them to inspire others to run and be active. Through the Run B'Cause program, they're committed to supporting causes that inspire everyone to run and be more active, both in local communities and globally. Donating gear to help fuel the good work of various charities and organisations, Brooks give away product samples and gently worn shoes so that people in need can put their products to good use.